I travelled to France and Italy for three weeks in September 2015 and the highlight of my trip was definitely Paris.
Paris is normally described as wonderful, amazing, captivating, beautiful, mesmerizing and insert more ‘awesome buzz words’ here. However for me, no words can describe what it means to me and how happy it makes me.
Five points to note about Paris:
- It’s great to see all the sights, but it’s better to just wander and lose yourself in Paris. You’ll enjoy yourself much more this way.
- Paris is home to the best food in the world, but it can get expensive eating out for every meal. My suggestion would be to eat “cheaper” meals for breakfast and lunch, and treat yourself for dinner. Baguettes are a cheap and delicious option.
- Most shops close on a Sunday, including supermarkets. So always be prepared.
- Learn basic Paris etiquette. Such as, always say “bonjour” (good morning) or “bonsoir” (good evening) when entering a store or restaurant.
- Rent an apartment (AirBnB is a great service provider) and live like a Parisian for the duration of your stay.
Here are my postcards of the city that has totally captured my heart.
In the comments below, share with me your travel tips and if you have any questions.
Until we meet again, stay beautiful.